*Please note: if you are experiencing issues when buying a ticket, make sure you are using Google Chrome browser.
This course is regulated through Nuco Training, therefore provides you with an accredited NVQ L3 Emergency First Aid at Work.
This session will take the format of x2 three hour sessions, delivered across two evenings (Monday 11th January and Tuesday 12th January). You must attend both sessions to complete the course and gain the accreditation.
A range of subjects will be covered, including:
- responsibilities and reporting
- assessment of the situation
- bleeding control
- recovery position
- hypovolaemic shock
- foreign object
- minor burns and scalds
- wounds and bleeding
The following health and safety measures will also be in place to ensure the event is Covid secure:
- Delegates will be need to bring and wear their own face mask/covering.
- During any practical activities/demonstrations, the session leader will wear a face mask/covering, along with gloves.
- The session leader will be providing hand sanitising gel/spray, gloves and disposable face shields for rescue breathing purposes.
- Delegates will need to bring their own drinks and snacks, if required.
- Socially distanced seating arrangements will be in place.
- All mannequins will have their faces sterilised after each use and the lungs will be changed after each use.
- All equipment will be wiped down between use.
- Temperature checks will be conducted and health questions asked.
- Risk assessment of the venue and the event will take place before the session.
We request that anyone displaying any Covid-19 symptoms (including a high temperature, a new and continuous cough, or a loss or change to their sense of smell or taste) or who is generally feeling unwell, does not attend the training session on either evening.