Restrictions are continuing to ease across the county, but we are all still wondering what recovery will look like and we know it is a confusing time for those working in the sport and physical activity sector.
Here you can find up-to-date information to guide and support you through the phased return of sport and physical activity.
With advice and guidance continuing to change every day, here is the latest government guidance around coronavirus and the sport and physical activity sector:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance on the phased return of sport and recreation.
- Guidance for the public on the phased return of outdoor sport and recreation in England.
- Guidance for personal trainers and coaches on the phased return of sport and recreation in England.
- Guidance for providers of outdoor facilities on the phased return of sport and recreation in England.
- Elite sport return to training guidance: Stage One.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice on accessing green spaces safely.
- Guidance Staying alert and safe (social distancing).
Support from the sport sector
Organisations across the UK have been working to develop resources and guidance to help support the sector right now. Take a look at this useful set of resources to help you:
Reopening Activity: An Inclusive Response
Activity Alliance's new guidance will help providers to create welcoming, more accessible environments as restrictions around activities ease.
Visit CIMSPAs for information on the safe reopening and operation of facilities.
UK Active has produced a framework to provide clarity and confidence to facility operators in planning their return and reopening. Download UK Active's Fit Together Campaign Toolkit.
The Gloucestershire Rural Community Council has established a community buildings network and is providing guidance on the operation of community buildings, such as village halls and community centres, during and throughout the recovery of covid-19.
Sport Structures is providing guidance throughout this period to support the sector. Read more.
A free membership charity supporting community groups. Find out more.
Take a look at 'Outside is Open', the reopening checklist from Sported.
Hygiene for sport and physical activity
Resources providing specific advice on hygiene measures during Coronavirus and post-recovery:
Business support and advice
Take a look at your costs and be clear about the number of paying customers your business or club would need to welcome back to run sustainable sessions.
Even if you are planning a phased return or a different way of working, stay informed about your breakeven point.
Keep a look out for the business recovery toolkit in development and peer-to-peer network solution events being devleoped by GFirst LEP – we’ll be sharing updates here as we have more information.
Gloucestershire’s Growth Hubs
Stay connected with what’s happening in the sector
- Receive our monthly funding alert for all the latest updates.
- Find local events and training or check out resources to help support you.
- Sign up to our change maker newsletter, supporting you to make a difference across the county.