Rotary in Gloucester Community Awards are organised by the four Rotary Clubs in the city – Rotary Club of Gloucester, Gloucester Quays, Rotary@Kingsholm and Gloucester Severn.
The aim of the Community Awards programme is to support organisations within the city area with a small grant which ‘will make a real difference’. This is a small grants programme with awards of up to a maximum of £500.
2022 will be the sixth year of this small grants programme. In the first five years 104 local organisations have received a grant and the total awarded is £45,547. The Rotary Clubs have been greatly encouraged by the way small injections of cash have made a real and lasting difference to the running of community organisations in the city.
What is “Rotary in Gloucester”?
In Gloucester there are four Rotary Clubs which are members of the worldwide network of over 1.2 million Rotarians, in over 35,000 clubs operating in 200 countries and territories throughout the world. In the UK there are 1,740 Clubs.
Rotary consists of inspired men and women who translate their passions into relevant social causes, to improve lives in communities. The four Rotary Clubs in Gloucester are working together to provide small grants for local community projects.
Rotary’s mission is simply to serve others; to give something back; to advance world understanding, goodwill and peace by utilising the skills, talents and energy of our members collectively.
- We aim to bring about positive change in our neighbourhoods by fostering and building strong communities
- We aim to provide opportunities that will improve lives
- We aim to help eradicate poverty, hunger and preventable disease across the world
Our motto, Service Above Self, exemplifies the humanitarian spirit of Rotary members worldwide – to serve the community and put its needs before the member’s own.
For more information about the four Rotary Clubs in Gloucester, please see the following websites:
Gloucester Severn: https://www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/homepage.php?ClubID=604
Gloucester Quays: https://www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/homepage.php?ClubID=2068
or search Google: “Gloucester Rotary 602”; Rotary@Kingsholm; Gloucester Severn Rotary; Gloucester Quays Rotary.
Community Award Application criteria
The total amount of funding that the 4 Rotary Clubs are likely to have available for the 2022 Awards programme is £11,000.00
The maximum award to any one organisation is £500 and no application will be considered to be too small.
Priority will be given to specific projects promoted by small groups / organisations which:
- Have an impact that improves or expands a current activity
- Replaces or enhances current equipment
- Offer value for money by involving a good number of beneficiaries
- Work with vulnerable or disadvantaged children or adults
- Work in a deprived Gloucester community.
Payment of salaries and fees. The aim of the programme is to encourage and support small organisations and especially volunteers whose activities will make a real and lasting benefit to people in the community. Applications where the grant would include the payment of salaries or fees to people employed by the organisation will not be considered.
Reserves/Turnover. Organisations who have general reserves at year end which are in excess of 6 months expenditure or have significant turnover may not normally be considered.
The funding is open to registered charities, voluntary organisations and community groups whose work benefits local residents or communities in the City. The organisation does not necessarily have to be office based in the City.
Newly formed community organisations are encouraged to apply and explain the way a small grant would be used to benefit people in the community and also offer value for money. If advice is needed, please use the contact information set out in the next paragraph.
Application Process and Submission
- Interested groups/organisations should complete the attached application form and return by 5.00pm, Tuesday 10th May 2022.
- Applicants will need to provide a copy of their latest accounts/financial statement.
- NOTE: - Failure to enclose this document would disqualify the application
- Please do not enclose any additional paperwork – we will contact you if any other documents are required
- If you have any queries about this programme or the completing of the application form, please contact 07541 356921
- Your completed application should ideally be returned by email to:
- Or if posting send to: -The Rotary Community Awards, 10 Windmill Field, Abbeymead, Gloucester, GL4 4RQ
Assessment and Decision Making
- Applications will be logged on receipt and checked for their eligibility to apply
- Applications will then be assessed by a panel from all 4 Rotary Clubs
- Successful applicants will be notified by 23rd May 2022 and be invited to attend a meeting to celebrate the awards on Friday 17th June 2022. This event will be held at The Wall’s Club, Hammond Way, Barnwood, Gloucester, GL4 3HG starting at 12.15 pm and finishing promptly at 14.00 hrs.
- Successful applicants agree to use the Rotary logo on publicity and promotion for their project and to submit a report on progress/impact of the project
The decision of the Rotary Clubs will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Click the 'Download' button on the left hand pane to download the application form.