This training, delivered by Inclusion Gloucestershire, will focus on providing care and support workers with the information, skills, and confidence to have effective and sensitive conversations that encourage and explore physical activity. The training will also include important information on the benefits of physical activity and the health and participation gaps that are seen locally.
We aim to achieve two key things:
- To bring to life the questions, concerns, fears, and barriers faced by disabled people and the people who support them around engaging in physical activity.
- To provide the opportunity for participants to learn and practise the skills needed to hold conversations that explore physical activity.
This will be achieved through:
- Interactive group activities
- Sharing a communication skills framework
- Filmed drama, and the opportunity for participants to ‘direct the action’ and devise their own ideas on how the conversations could have gone better
This training will be delivered virtually via Zoom (or equivalent platform) with links to the session to follow ahead of the training date.
For more information please contact email@example.com