The course has been awarded 3 CPD points by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
This interactive online classroom, delivered via Webex, will help you recognise poor practice and the red flags of abuse, whilst also prompting a review of your practices to ensure that you provide a positive and enriching experience for all children.
You can access the online classroom through your PC or laptop. The online classroom is powered by Webex.
You will need the following equipment:
- Headset or a device with speakers.
- Device with a microphone.
- Ability to connect directly into your router (WiFi access may drop out).
Please note, this online classroom session is for over 18's only.
You will be required to log in to the classroom session 20 minutes before the course start time.
Following completion of the course, you will be able to:
- identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching
- explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise their potential impact on your response
- recognise and respond to possible signs of child abuse
- take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise
You will receive an online version of the Safeguarding and Protecting Children: A Guide for Sportspeople before the workshop. This guide is packed full of practical guidance it will help you to deal sensitively and effectively with any issues that arise.
During the online classroom session you will be able to participate fully and contextualise your own learning through various activities and making notes in the activity resources provided.
UK Coaching will send you the course Webex link the day before the course. To enable this, we will pass on your name and email address to UK Coaching. This information will not be shared with any other third party.